Cure Sinus In 5 Minutes

Monday, October 22, 2007

Sinus Irrigation and a Suggested System

Do You Behave Like This??

Start Curing Your Sinus, Sore Throats, and Headaches in 5 Minutes, Click Here To Know How

>> Click Here To Know More <<

Sinus irrigation is the main component in my personal arsenal to battle sinusitis and sinus infections. While struggling with numerous sinus infections a number of years ago, I ran across a book by Dr. Murray Grossan entitled “The Sinus Cure- 7 Simple Steps”. This book explained the pulsating nasal irrigation system that I now use every day and have for a number of years. The book is a great resource for people suffering from sinusitis.

When I first started following Dr. Grossan’s advice he suggested using a WaterPik machine, and these have been sold for years as devices to improve gum and dental health. Dr. Grossan’s company simply sold an adaptor and a saline solution, although one can use normal table salt. Although much more expensive than table salt, I find that the saline solution is convenient, works well, and has no preservatives. I usually purchase a dozen containers at a time, and these will last up to a year with one application per day. One simply puts a spoonful of saline solution into the WaterPik tank and then about 16 oz. of warm water to dissolve the powder. The nasal adaptor is then put into one nostril and the machine will gently propel half the liquid through one’s nasal canal, and it will drain out the other side. One then puts the adaptor in the other nostril and repeats the procedure on that side. This process is done while leaning over a sink. I then normally put more water into the tank and use the WaterPik on my teeth as it was originally intended, and I’ve helped my gum and dental health as well. My dental hygienist has made several comments about how much better my gums and teeth are when I go in for cleanings, so there is a definite side benefit to this procedure. The whole effort only takes about 5 minutes or so, including wiping everything dry. I normally do the irrigation once a day about an hour before bed, but if I happen to wake up with more than the usual congestion in the morning, I’ll do it then as well.

The Easiest Way to Start

In the past couple of years Dr. Grossan’s medical supply company has come up with its own sinus irrigator. It is called the Hydro Pulse® Nasal Irrigation System. One receives the Hydro Pulse Nasal/Sinus Irrigator®, 2 Original Sinus Irrigator Tips ®, 2 Original Throat Irrigator Tips®, Breathe-ease® XL Nasal Moisturizer (this is the saline solution), and excerpts from "The Sinus Cure" by Dr. Grossan.

This is the easiest way to start, as you have everything needed. If the system works well and you want to continue to do nasal irrigation on a daily basis, I would suggest choosing the pack of one dozen saline solution boxes, as the price is lower per box and there is only one shipping charge to pay. Of course one could still purchase a WaterPik at a retail store and buy the Dr. Grossan’s adaptor and saline solution to work with it. In fact I continue to do this in order to use the device on my teeth and gums since it works so well. Every year or so the WaterPik needs to be replaced. I suspect that the salt has a corrosive effect, although I rinse the machine with fresh water immediately after each use. The WaterPik company even sells a small travel model, and I use one of those when on the road.

Walt Ballenberger is founder of http://www.postnasaldrip.net, a resource web site for sinusitis sufferers. Ballenberger is not a medical professional, just a sinus sufferer for years.

Related Articles:-
  • What Causes a Sinus Infection
  • Sinus Allergies - The Basics
  • Sinus Drainage Bad Breath
  • How To Relieve Sinus Pressure
  • Recurring Sinus Infection - An Explanation?
  • Labels: , , ,